Redrock Falls, Glacier National Park

Date: June 30, 2011
Distance: ~2 mi (3.2 km)one way

Redrock Lake

After returning from my failed attempt in the rain to reach Grinnell Glacier I was looking for somewhere to go that looked a little drier in Glacier National Park.  I decided to begin hiking up the trail from the trailed by the Many Glacier campground knowing that I probably wouldn't be able to get all the way to Swiftcurrent Pass because of the amount of snow still in the mountains.

Redrock Falls

Shortly after setting out on this trail I passed Fishercap Lake and continued on to Redrock Lake, which looked a bit nicer than Fishercap.  At the upstream end of Redrock was Redrock Falls, a series of short but raging waterfalls.  I continued hiking up past the falls for a little while, and the trees were fewer in number here than in the lower part of the trail, but before I reached Bullhead Lake or Windmaker Lake more rained began to move in.  I didn't want to get completely soaked again so I turned around.

Upstream of Redrock Falls





© Copyright 2017 Matthew Pintar. All rights reserved.







Comments

Popular Posts